OBJECTIVE: To obtain a team-oriented position that will challenge my analytical, creative, and professional skills in Software Development.
- Dec 2010 – Time.now
Software Engineer at Snap MyLife Inc – Worked as rails developer on Snap myLife web portal(http://snapmylife.com/).
- Provided full-stack RoR design and back-end administration for high-volume web application
- Implemented the photo contest feature for New York International Auto Show. The contest involved use of Facebook’s social plugins like the LIKE button for voting on photos.
- Assisted in upgrading the application from Rails 2.3 to Rails 3. This included changing the authentication module from using Authlogic to Devise, changing all the views from HTML to HAML and the use of JQuery for JSON and XML data interchange.
- Implemented Email Notifications for the site. Used Sendgrid’s API and delayed_jobs to send emails with dynamic content to the user.
- Integrated Analytics to the site using Google Analytics. This included tracking conversion metrics and clicks by creating Funnels and promotions through Adwords.
- Implemented the admin interface for the site. This functionality included moderating the media content that is displayed on the home page and features for customer support.
- Followed Agile Methodologies to work with graphic designers and production teams to translate designs into high-traffic web pages
- Integrated the company’s proprietary data retrieval API into the Rails Project
- Continuous integration and code management with Github
- Feb 2010 – Aug 2010
Co-op at Harris Corporation – Worked as an Automation Test Engineer where I did system testing and developed automated software that is used for testing advanced video networking products which are used for transporting studio quality high and standard definition video programming over satellite, telecom, IP and broadcast networks.
- Sep 2008 – Dec 2010 ~ Master of Science ,Electrical and Computer Engineering department at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey , New Brunswick , NJ. GPA 3.5
- Aug 2004 – May 2008 ~ Bachelor of Engineering , Electronics and Communication Engineering at Osmania University, India. GPA 3.6
- Frameworks: Rails, JQuery
- Display Languages: HTML, CSS
- Testing: Test-driven development(TDD) using Unit::Test, Rpec
- Backend Systems: Mysql
- System Engineering: Linux, Amazon Web Services(EC2, S3), Memcache
- Deployment Automation: Capistrano, Rubber
- Geo-Loacated Deals – Created a webpage that uses HTML5’s Geo Location feature to find the user’s current location and display deals around the user on a map. Google maps API was used to display the current location and deals on the map(https://github.com/vishal-kvn/ajax_geolocated_deals).
- Worked on a project to analyze of TCP performance on 802.11n Wireless Networks. The scope of the project was to understand the impact of 802.11n MAC layer improvements on TCP performance. The project involved simulating TCP file transfers over a Multi-hop ad-hoc network using Network Simulator 3(ns 3).
- Worked on Router Simulation using C++ on Linux platform. The project involves connection of multiple such simulated routers to form a network for simulation of unicast, broadcast and multicast transmissions.
- Worked on Web based Stock Forecasting. The project involves pulling current stock data from yahoo finance and then using a history of such data and forming a prediction of the trend of the stock for forecasting. The stochastic oscillator and on balance volume(OBV) technical indicators were used.